Woodcliff Lake, NJ — September, 2007 — Ever since the introduction of BMW’s original Motorrad Navigator several years ago, sales of maps to BMW riders have fallen dramatically.Subsequent generations of Navigator II, Navigator II Plus and Navigator III GPS systems further revolutionized long distance route finding for riders with their fast processing speed, fuel and water-resistant casing, and unique mounting cradle that enhanced portability as well as operation with gloved fingers. Now, BMW Motorrad has raised the benchmark in motorcycle navigation equipment yet again with the introduction of the BMW Zumo Navigator.
More compact and rugged than its predecessors, the BMW Zumo Navigator is packed with preloaded maps, high-end navigation features and an ample display screen to give riders the confidence to take the road less-traveled on their next trip.
Other key features of the new BMW Zumo Navigator include:
- Slick full black body design.
- Glove-friendly touch screen.
- Left hand controls, designed for motorcyclists.
- Special programming lock — limits reprogramming while in movement.
- BMW specific software.
- BMW Dealer database.
- Mounting base plate compatible with BMW mounting brackets.
- TMC — Traffic Receiver included with 3-month subscription.
- Custom BMW caps included — set of three designs.
- Water resistant, shockproof and specially designed for motorcycles.
- Vibration-tested and built with fuel-resistant plastics to withstand the elements.
- Replaceable lithium ion rechargeable battery (included) for use off the bike up to 5 hours.
- Bluetooth wireless technology for phone communication.
- MP-3 Player for storing music.
- Compass feature equivalent to Navigator III.
- Shock-resistant, sporty carrying case.
- High brightness, sunlight-readable, UV-resistant display screen.
- Motorcycle console for trip information, including fuel gauge to remind riders to ‘fill up.’
Slightly less expensive than its predecessors, the BMW Zumo Navigator is available at authorized BMW motorcycle dealers at a manufacturers suggested retail price of $969.00. Specially engineered by Garmin for BMW, it has many proprietary features not available on standard Garmin Zumo systems, including a 3-year warranty.
Press release via BMW