The fifth annual Red Bull Indianapolis GP is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 17 through Sunday, Aug. 19 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, featuring the MotoGP World Championship.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should attend this event:
1. Speed. The larger, more powerful 1000cc MotoGP bikes could reach 210 mph on the front straightaway this year at Indy. Think about that: Faster than a NASCAR Sprint Cup car and almost as fast as an IZOD IndyCar Series car – on a machine with no seat belt or roll cage.
2. Americans. Four of the 22 riders on the MotoGP grid at Indy hail from the good, old U.S. of A. – Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, Ben Spies and Steve Rapp.
3. Action. Four classes will race at this event, MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 of the World Championship and the AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 support series. That will create non-stop action all three days, including four feature races Sunday.
4. Harleys. The thunderous rumble and handlebar-to-handlebar action of Harley-Davidson motorcycles will return to IMS again this year for the AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 series.
5. Pit Walkabout. Fans can get an up-close look at the fascinating world of MotoGP during the Pit Walkabout at 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18. The pit lane at IMS will be open, giving fans a fantastic look at the exotic prototype machinery of MotoGP as mechanics prepare the bikes for Race Day.
6. Ducati Island. Fashion, music, beauty and the evocative appeal of the most famous motorcycle brand in the world intersect at Ducati Island, located in the IMS infield during the Red Bull Indianapolis GP. Live music, fashion shows, beautiful women and Ducati motorcycles from all eras are among the available sights and sounds.
7. Vendor Marketplace. Top motorcycle aftermarket equipment and apparel companies will display and sell their latest products in Gasoline Alley at IMS. It’s gear heaven for riders and enthusiasts. Worldwide shipping from IMS also makes delivery of items easy.
8. Riders For Health Auctions. Every top MotoGP rider will be on stage in the IMS infield starting at 5 p.m. Friday, auctioning items to benefit the Riders For Health charity, which uses motorcycles to deliver health care and supplies to remote regions of Africa. Riders also answer fan questions on stage and chat with knowledgeable hosts.
9. Party. The Red Bull Indianapolis GP is The Ultimate Motorcycle Race in America, on and off the track. The party scene at the track and in downtown Indianapolis is ripping all weekend long. IMS once again is the host for the annual Motorcycles on Meridian, which turns the heart of downtown Indianapolis into a motorcycle festival Friday and Saturday night, Aug. 17-18.
10. Deal. Race Day tickets start at just $50, and kids 12 and under are admitted free with an adult general admission ticket holder all three days.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are on sale. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at (866) 221-8775 for more information.
Information on camping at IMS during the Red Bull Indianapolis GP is available at